Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Police Week, Pistons and metro fun

Visiting friends now-a-days isn't easy. I have to travel to Oklahoma or Oregon or Florida. Last weekend I decided Washington D.C. was the place to see two old lads from my glory years at TSN. That's right, Don and Ed are taking D.C. by storm. But they can't possibly be that homesick, because everywhere we went we ran into MSU alums. At one Irish bar, there were what seemed like 100 police officers from across the country celebrating National Police Week and their fallen coworkers at the capital. Detroit police were everywhere, San Francisco was also representing. We spent most of the nights in the bars cheering on the Pistons. We partied with Stabenow faithfuls at Amy (Eric's fiancée). We cruised through the Capitol in 10 minutes. I slept on their couch in Silver Spring, Maryland for three nights. We shopped for art at an art fair, trying to pull off rich college grads. Ha. Ed tried to run with me. I found a sweet national park to run in. I went to the zoo and saw pandas, baby cheetahs and tigers. More later.

No comments: